Monday, March 21, 2011

Nelson’s Day Three Morning

So far this morning is going off without a hitch for me. (Don’t want to jinx it) I woke up at 6am (poor Kat was already up) and was drinking my Salt Water Flush by 6:30am. I realized that my difficulty getting it down on the second day stemmed from my aversion to the taste. I was that I was trying to let the liquid bypass my tongue to get to the back of my throat witch made gulping difficult, which in turn prolonged the process which in turn lead to me having to deal with the taste even longer.

This morning I chugged it like a Gatorade letting the mixture hit my tongue, tasting the saltwater and giving the liquid a smooth route to the back of my throat. I still didn’t taste good but the experience was over in three minutes this time. It also worked quicker today. I made my first bathroom run within 30 minutes while the previous day I waited an hour.

Also, after the second day of the Salt Water Flush, I realized that my whole cycle lasts about an hour and a half. By 8:00am I was ready to get ready for work and didn’t need to use the bathroom again until about 10:30am. So my one-hour commute to work presented no problems.

I brought 64oz of the Lemonade Mixture with me to work. Hopefully that will keep me from being hungry throughout the day. In fact, I haven’t experienced severe hunger or excessive irritability since the first day. One thing I find for myself is that I prefer drinking a little bit every few minutes or so throughout the day. I think I tend to feel hungrier if I treat it like a normal 3 meal day. Having a bottle in the morning and then waiting till lunch time or dinner doesn’t work for me. Like I said, a little bit through the whole day works better for me.

My energy level and concentration at work so far is good, or as good as can be expected for a Monday. I will monitor how I feel throughout the day and report again when I get a chance.
I feel very fortunate to share the experience with two other people and imagine it would be much tougher if I were to do it on my own. I’m very proud of Deanna for sticking with it after a very tough first day and proud of my wife who has been doing great with the process despite battling insomnia. I partnered up with two tough chicks!

Stay strong Spring Cleaners. We’ll have to celebrate after we reach our goal!

3 comments:

  1. Aww shucks Nelson, thanks! I laughed as I read your post today because I did the same thing with the SWF trying to bypass my tongue and it made it so much worse! I also continually sip a little here and there throughout the day and it works better for me than letting hunger set in. Good luck today! Day 4 better be all it's cracked up to be or I'm going to write a mean blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog Nelson, although I want to edit it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. Yeah, let's take our frustrations out on the blog.

    ReplyDelete