Sunday, March 20, 2011

I'm Still Here....One Day at a Time

Day 2 - Morning

I made it through the first day! I promised myself I would take this one day at a time...short term goals, not long term. So my goal today is only to make it to tomorrow. It seems to be working thus far. The drink got more tolerable as the day went one. I didn't drink as much as we were advised but I felt okay. I was even fine when Matt decided to snack on a hot pretzel and Doritos last night. I am very proud of myself, a big switch from yesterday morning.

I even slept better than I have in days! I was so nervous about the cleanse I wasn't sleeping well the few days leading up. Last night, slept like a baby. Go figure.

Woke up on my own at 7am and curiously picked up my salt water solution sitting in the kitchen. Examined it. Sniffed it (yes its in a water bottle but I was a little tired). Then took a tentative sip. Eh, not as bad as I expected. I've drank worse after being knocked over by a wave in the ocean. At least this solution doesn't have sand and apparently people's urine in it....yuck people stop peeing in the ocean, come on!

Anyway, I currently have 8 oz left of the salt water flush. I'm drinking while writing and listening to my "relaxing" playlist on my ipod. Yesterday I even bought some meditation guides for my ipod to use today (I couldn't get the CD Kat and Nelson made me to download, it is my computer's fault, it sucks). So I am well on my way to continuing another day. I might go outside for a little while and get some fresh air. Maybe pop over and say hi to my parents. Although I know my mom will have a big Italian meal cooking for her company today and boy does it always smell so good! So we will see how I'm feeling. Otherwise, more movies, magazines, books, music. Just keeping it low key.

Just want to send a little shout out to Kat and Nelson for being so helpful and supportive yesterday. I would have quit if it wasn't for you two, so thanks. Okay, let's do this!

1 comment:

  1. man it happened again! thought my last post went through!
    Nelson said "NICE JOB!"
    I said "THAT'S MY GIRL!"

    ReplyDelete