Thursday, March 17, 2011

KumWHAT?! KumQuat!!!!

Ok totally not related to the cleanse, but on the way to BJs yesterday, Deanna and I had a conversation about Kumquats... Just wanted to share what they look like and the definition of the good 'ol kumquat.

T
he kumquats are a family of small fruit-bearing trees in the flowering plant family Rutaceae, in the genus Fortunella which is often included in the genus Citrus. The edible fruit closely resembles that of the orange, but is smaller and is oval.


Oh and Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!






2 comments:

  1. Very scientific and informative. I am pretty sure I have never seen them at good old stop and shop. I will check for them on my first venture to Whole Foods following completion of the MC. Thank you for sharing! Oh and Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Information provided by wiki!!! forgot to cite!

    ReplyDelete