Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I'll take the lemon juice over the OJ

2:30pm:

Ok as much as I wanted to be done with the 10 days of the MC, I really don't like drinking OJ all day long. It's not as filling and I am feeling hungry. It could be psychological as well but still I'm done with this OJ crap... Nelson and I texted each other during the day agreeing that we would prefer the lemon/maple concoction over the oj.

So with that being said and with the approval head nod by Deanna, I am going to make Soup tonight dammit!

I'm a huge believer that things happen for reasons and I do truly believe that Deanna did the ease out before us, so she can be the tester for us all. I thank her for that.

Fast forward to 6:30pm:
The soup is cooking on the stove, boiling up, and I'm going to pick up Nelson at the train at 7pm. I hope the soup is ready by the time he gets home, so we can really enjoy it. It smells so good. Here are some pics of my preparation:

Yummy delicious healthy veggies.... I took away 2 potatoes since I added a cup of brown rice
only used 2 cups of broth and probably added another 8 or 9 cups of water


Just sizzling away... This picture is missing the spinach, potatoes, rice, and beans (lentils and pinto)
Plump up lentils! I want to eat you!

7:15pm:

Got home from picking up Nelson from the Subway and the soup was ready to go!

One of the most delicious soups we ever had

Nelson becomes one with the soup

Nelson's happy after his first bite

Smells like heaven!

8:15pm:

We are done with our soup and our tummies are feeling good! Soup for lunch and dinner tomorrow and we are deciding to eat normal on Thursday! Yahoo!





1 comment:

  1. What beautiful pictures of those colorful veggies! The soup is so yummy in the tummy! I made double the recipe so I've been eating it everyday since Saturday and I'll be eating it all this weekend too but I don't mind.

    ReplyDelete