Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Going to bed hungry...


I've been saying that I'm hungry for the past 30 minutes to Nelson and he pointed out something I never really thought about. There are thousands, if not millions, of people who are poor and can't afford a meal to eat at night and for days. For that, I am grateful that we have the ability to eat whatever, whenever we want. I will go to bed hungry tonight and think about those people who aren't as fortunate as us.

After I typed my paragraph above, I googled "how many people hungry in the world." Check this out...

925 million hungry people in 2010
I'm at a loss for words.

1 comment:

  1. I blame our parents who never sent us to bed without supper as a punishment, then we would know what going to bed hungry felt like! On a more serious note, that is a very profound reflection. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete