Sunday, March 27, 2011

Do You Hear What I Hear?


We can't believe it! The 9th is almost done and we are coming to the end of the Master Cleanse. Everyday we surprise ouselves a little bit more. Around noon today, Nelson and I went to the grocery store so we could buy food for our soup and salad for day 3 of the ease out. Just a reminder, Day 1 - Drink OJ all day, Day 2 - Morning and Lunch OJ then veggie soup for dinner, Day 3 - OJ for breakfast, soup for lunch, salad and veggies for dinner.

I had my list ready to go for the soup and played it by ear on what to get for salad when I got to the store.

I began to really get excited for the soup, but even more for the salad! I got some organic romaine and arugula lettuce, fresh beets, radishes, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, broccoli, red onion, and avocado for the salad. I'm planning on making lemon and oil dressing. I'll still love lemons even after this cleanse and plus we still have 2 huge bags of lemons to use!

This is the recipe I'm planning on using for the soup. I'm going to slow cook it all day on Wednesday so it's ready for us when we get home. It will certainly be a treat:

Master Cleanse Recipe: The Omnivore Vegetarian Soup

Ingredients:

  • 2 varieties of beans, 1/2 cup each (kidney beans, lentils, pinto beans, or other)
  • 1 medium potato, half-inch cubes
  • 1 stalk celery, sliced
  • 1 carrot, sliced
  • Spinach
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 3 medium tomatoes
  • 1 green pepper, diced
  • 1 zucchini, sliced
  • 1/2 cup brown rice
  • Other vegetables as desired
  • No meat
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • 1 teaspoon dry oregano
  • 1 teaspoon curry powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • vegetarian soup powder or cube (optional)

Preparation: Combine ingredients with 4 cups water, bring to a simmer, cook 20 minutes or until potatoes and beans are tender, adding water along the way if necessary.

When we got home, I put the red beets in the oven so they could be ready for our salad on thursday night. After roasting the beets, I peeled off the skins and when I did it in the past, I would normally taste it. It was really easy for me not to be tempted. I wasn't even craving it. So for that, I am proud.

We got a lot of stuff done today. Surprisingly enough we did have a lot energy. We cleaned, did laundry, I painted my nails, watched TV, and we even did some yoga. It was tough for me since I haven't done much working out, but it was only 30 minutes and it felt really good. Check out the dorky form ;)

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
- Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment