Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day 1 at the Castro Residence

So I had a wonderful dream last night... I was at a carnaval and there was so much food including my favorite portuguese dessert, Filhos, aka Fried Dough!


Then I woke up and realized there is no food to be eaten for 10/11 days. Ok we can do this.
So we started prepping (and arguing over the measurements)...


THE ADVENTURE BEGINS...

I'm soooo happy to be doing this. (Sarcasm)


Measuring out the 12 tablespoons of lemon juice = 3/4 cup.


Nice Jugs! :) There's 60 oz. of water in each.


Another 12 tablespoons of maple syrup. Thanks to Deanna for getting it for us!


... and finally 1/2 teaspoon of Cayenne pepper.
(Just a bit less than the recipe called for)


Nelson is sleep shaking!


All I wanted for breakfast was cereal so I took my frustration out on my jug.


"Ahh... ain't so bad." Nelson's a happy camper after his first sip!


I may be drinking, but I'm thinking about eating pancakes.


Good luck Deanna. We got this!

Maybe a good trick would be to imagine it tasting like something we love when we're guzzling it down.

Tune in later to see our status!

2 comments:

  1. Me Luke and Matty and SOOO FREAKING proud of you! You can do it! You know we're here if you need any questions answered! I swear by day 3 you'll be really feeling this cleanse....in a good way!
    Keep us posted!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures! Damn that camera rocks!

    ReplyDelete